Could you be part of a truck accident? Unfortunately, yes
On Behalf of The Law Offices of Goldfine & Bowles, P.C.
November 17, 2017
Although no one wants to think about being part of a truck accident, there could come a point when you find yourself in this very position.
There are many causes of these accidents, which makes it a challenge to remain safe on the road.
While you can do your best to follow the rules of the road and be aware of your surroundings, it only takes one mistake by a trucker to cause a crash.
Here are some of the many mistakes that can lead to a truck accident:
- Lack of training in regards to defensive driving, safety and driving technique
- Reckless driving, such as driving in excess of the posted speed limit or weaving in and out of traffic on the highway
- Unrealistic schedules, set by the trucking company, which force truckers to bend the rules
- Drowsy driving, which leads to too many consecutive hours on the road
- Distracted driving, ranging from texting to eating to drinking
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
As you can see, there is nothing you can do about these causes of a truck accident. Even if you’re doing your part to remain safe, something another driver does could lead you to trouble.
If you find yourself in this situation, don’t hesitate to call 911 for immediate assistance. You need to understand that the sooner you receive treatment, the better off you will be. Once you understand your injuries and the circumstances of the crash, you can then turn your attention to your legal rights and the steps you can take to obtain compensation.
Source: FindLaw, “Common Causes of Truck Accidents,” accessed Nov. 17, 2017