Strong Legal Representation For Wrongful Death Auto Accident Claims
Auto accidents can be devastating, resulting in significant property damage, injury and sometimes even death. If you have a loved one who was killed in a car accident, you may be entitled to file a claim for wrongful death to help offset the costs of medical bills, funeral expenses, lost future wages, and the pain and suffering you have endured.
At The Law Offices of Goldfine & Bowles, P.C., in Peoria, Illinois, our attorneys have the experience and know-how to help you seek the justice you deserve through a wrongful death case against those responsible for your loss. Since 1962, our firm has focused on helping our clients prove negligence in wrongful death auto accident cases and obtaining the financial compensation they need to move forward.
Common Causes Of Driver Negligence In Wrongful Death Cases
When a driver’s negligence causes a wrongful death in an automobile collision, there are a number of things it could be related to. Some of the most common forms of driver negligence in the state of Illinois include:
- Distracted driving: With an increase in cellphone usage and the presence of other technology devices in cars, distracted driving is becoming one of the primary causes of negligent driving
- Impaired driving: Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is a common cause of driver-related negligence that can result in wrongful death
- Reckless driving: Other forms of driver negligence that result in serious accidents and wrongful death involve types of reckless driving such as excessive speed, ignoring traffic signals, erratic driving and road rage
The experienced lawyers at The Law Offices of Goldfine & Bowles, P.C., can help you prove your negligence case against the driver who was responsible for the death of your loved one. We have the necessary knowledge and resources to help you seek a settlement or take your case to trial if necessary.
Other Types Of Negligence In Wrongful Death
While driver negligence is the most common form of negligence in the event of wrongful death due to a car accident, there are additional forms of negligence that may be related. These include negligent design and manufacturer’s negligence.
- Manufacturer’s negligence: Defective parts on a vehicle can sometimes be the result of severe auto accidents. Such defects as faulty brakes and defective air bags can all result in wrongful death cases due to manufacturer’s negligence.
- Negligent design: While this is a less common cause in wrongful death cases, some accidents can be the result of negligent design. This could be related to such issues as missing roadway signs, improperly functioning signal lights, of road layouts that are hazardous.
If a loved one has been killed in an auto accident caused by another’s negligence or recklessness, contact our experienced attorneys today. Call 309-343-5291, or contact us online to discuss your case and get the tools you need to obtain the best possible outcome in your wrongful death case.